Non Personal Information Collected Automatically
The FC permanently logs standard non-personal technical information, such as browser type and IP addresses of the website visitor’s computer, in order to better understand traffic patterns, technical needs, and improve performance.
We use third party analytic traffic analysis services to provide quantitative analysis about the FC usage patterns. This information does not include name, email, address or telephone about your visits to this website.
Personal Information You Provide to the FC
You do not need to provide any personal information to access the information on the FC site.
In order to gain access to the interactive features of the FC, you must provide a user name and a valid email address. If you seek curator privileges, you must also provide your real name and credentials if you have them. If you elect to use certain features on the site, you may be asked for additional personal information.
Other than this, the FC collects information that you choose to provide to it. You decide how much information to provide and by which method you provide it, including without limitation:
- When you subscribe to a newsletter, subscribe to an RSS feed, or request news and information,
- When you register with the FC,
- When you participate in the FC by submitting content and feedback,
- When you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums or projects the FC makes available to the world
- When you donate money to the FC.
What the FC Does with Personal Information
The FC handles your personal information responsibly according to the circumstances by which you provided it.
- Registration: When you register with the FC you are asked to provide contact information and a profile. Personal information that you provide during the registration process is not available to the public. If you register as a curator, your profile will publicly identify your name, credentials, scope of interest, and institutional affiliation (if you have one). As a curator, your email address will not be made available to the public; you should understand however that your name is associated with your curator activity.
- Participating in the FC by Submitting Content: the FC is committed to building an open access collection. If you help build the Freedom Center by submitting content (images, text, videos, or other information), your submission will be publicly archived. Do not include in your submission any personally identifiable attribution or other information that you do not want publicly shared. Please be aware that your username will be available to the public. You should also be aware that third party entities may use aggregate data which does not identify you for non-FC purposes.
- Participating in the FC by Submitting Feedback: You may submit feedback directly to the FC staff via the website or using staff contact information provided on the website. If you include personal information in your feedback, it will be used only for the purpose of responding and providing follow up information.
- Supporting the FC by Making Donations: When you donate money to the FC via the FC’s donor page, the FC will use your personal information for the purpose of processing your donation. The FC donation capability is powered by CardPointe Merchant Services, a third-party e-commerce vendor used by the Salsa Lab's SaaS employed by 21Wilberforce. As such, your use is subject to the CardPointe’s privacy statement and other terms which govern the use of those services. The policies are available on their site. The FC also uses the personal information to contact donors about upcoming news and events relevant to the FC.
The FC may share information with third parties if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) take action regarding suspected illegal activities; (b) enforce or apply the FC’s policies or terms; (c) comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order; or (d) protect the FC’s rights, reputation, and property, or that of the FC users, partners, or the public. Otherwise, the FC does not rent, sell, or provide your name or contact information to third parties.
You Control Your Email and Communication Preferences
The FC sends e-newsletters and other electronic announcements to registered members of the site, to registered curators, to newsletter subscribers, to RSS feed subscribers, and to individuals and organizations that provide content to the FC. Email recipients may opt out at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions included in the email message. Website registrants may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time to newsletters and other notifications by changing their preferences online with the FC.
Third Party Embeds, Links, and Technology
From time to time the FC embeds a third party’s technology or links to third party websites. The third parties operate independently of the FC and the FC does not have control over their privacy practices or content; the FC’s use of third parties is not intended to be an endorsement of the third party, its technology, website, or content.
The FC recommends that users read the privacy policies at all websites they visit.
The FC takes reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access to the FC information. Unfortunately, no website can fully eliminate security risks. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your registration and password information.
405 North Washington Street, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22046
571. 297. 3177
21st Century Wilberforce Initiative has registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.