Launching a global movement to stand for those who are imprisoned for their religion or beliefs.
The Global Campaign for Religious Prisoners of Conscience (RPOCs), to be launched at the 2022 IRF Summit in Washington D.C., seeks to raise awareness about violations around the world of the fundamental right to religious freedom. Governments and non-state actors commit these violations, which have led to an untold number of people being unjustly imprisoned for their religious beliefs, actions, and/or advocacy.
Central to the campaign is its focus on people, individual RPOCs, who suffer the often-devastating consequences of unjust laws and/or practices. People are ill-equipped to process numbers and suffering on a grand scale, and often are numbed by statistics and events seemingly beyond their control. But we can understand and feel compelled to work on behalf of an imprisoned religious leader, a disappeared child, or an individual tortured by an unjust government or a non-state actor. Ultimately, we want these prisoners of conscience freed and repressive laws, policies and practices changed.
The Emerging Leaders, with the support of 21Wilberforce and BPSOS, will play a key role in coordinating activities before, during, and after the IRF Summit. If you are an emerging leader under the age of 30, take advantage of our opportunities to get involved.
The RPOC Track activities include:
- Pre-Summit legislative advocacy trainings.
- Interactive advocacy training panels at the Summit on key issues, including the persecution of women and girls and effective advocacy in the media, grassroots and with elected officials in River Birch Room B.
- Opportunities to learn about and get involved in campaigns for specific religious prisoners of conscience throughout the conference at the RPOC Track Headquarters in Meeting Room 16.
RPOC Track Webpage powered by:
RPOC Track HQ
RPOC Track HQ
Location: Meeting Room 16, Renaissance Hotel (Campaign presentations throughout June 28-30)
And many streamed virtually at: www.facebook.com/democraticvoiceofvietnam
Advocacy Training Side Events
- Location: River Birch B, Renaissance Hotel
- Streamed virtually at: www.facebook.com/21wilberforce
- Date: June 30th